Sunday, February 22, 2015

How Kelp has helped me lose weight


Another supplement I started taking in my weightloss journey was Kelp.  The reason I started taking Kelp was because I believed I had a thyroid problem.  Although I was never diagnosed with any thyroid issues I had some of the symptoms such as fatigue, depression, weight gain, trouble concentrating, and bodily aches.

I started taking Kelp in February of 2013 and started out taking 2 capsule when I woke up and 2 before I went to bed.  I began getting my energy back, started losing weight, and woke up feeling fully rested on days I slept well.  After about a month I started taking 1 in the morning and 1 at night.

The brand I buy is Nature's Way which cost $7.99 at my local Sprouts Farmer's Market here in Whittier, CA.  It contains 100 capsules and the recommended dosage is 1 per day but I exceeded that by choice.  It's 600mg and ingredients are Iodine 360 microgams, sodium 35mg, and gelatin (the capsule).  Although it does not say this on the Nature's way bottle.  Kelp is a great source of Calcium, Magnesium, potassium, and Iron 


The Benefits of Kelp

Kelp is a seaweed and is a natural source of Iodine.  Iodine calms the body and relieves nervousness which can help improve your sleep.  Iodine is known to have beneficial effects on the heart and circulatory system as well.  Iodine is good for your thyroid which helps regulate your digestive system.

Side Effects

I have read and seen videos that taking too much Kelp can actually be bad for your thyroid.  Also it should not be taken if you have high blood pressure.  Kelp should not be taken with any other Iodine medication and if you are pregnant or taking other medications you should consult a healthcare physician.  

As I mentioned previously before I do not claim to be a professional nutritionist or a health expert.  I'm just showing what has and continues to work for me in the hopes that it will help others out here who have struggled with weight loss or maintaining weight.  There is plenty of articles online as well you tube videos you can view so I recommend you do more research before diving in.

Remember stay confident and believe in yourself


No comments:

Post a Comment